The City regulates the use of City streets, sidewalks and parking lots through permits.

Application for Works on City Lands and Infrastructure

If you are doing any construction work that impacts City lands or infrastructure such as a street, sidewalk, boulevard or parking lot, you will need to submit an application for a Works on City Lands and Infrastructure Permit. This also applies for Water System Shutdown and Fire Hydrant use requests.

  • You will be required to submit a copy of your business insurance that names the City of Campbell River as additional insured and has a minimum liability coverage of $3,000,000. The expiry date should be clearly indicated.
  • If you need to do any work within the curb lines, you will need a Road Closure Permit.  This applies even if traffic can still flow through the work zone.
  • Depending on the extent of the closure, you may be required to undertake public notification.
  • You will be required to provide a Traffic and/or Pedestrian Management Plan.
  • You are required to provide a copy of your Worksafe Clearance Letter.
  • You may be asked to distribute a “Good Neighbour Letter”  to residents and businesses in the area to notify them of the work.  The letter must include the date and time of the work, a general description of the work, and a phone number and contact names for any questions.

If you have any questions about the application process for this permit, please email or  call the Development Services Department at 250-286-5725.