For Community Recreation, Athletic and Special Events
at three locations:
1800 South Alder
Rotary Community Fieldhouse
425 Merecroft Road
- Perfect for: Meetings, Socials, Banquets, Workshops, Weddings, Conferences, Dances, Sporting Events, Trade Shows, Squash and Racquetball Courts
- We Feature: Competitive Rates, Convenient Parking, Kitchen Facilities
- Arrange Your Own: Catering, Bar Service, Decorating
Liability and Insurance Requirements
The City of Campbell River requires Comprehensive General Liability Insurance from
applicants requesting the use of Municipal Property where;
Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements
- Alcohol is to be served.
- The number of participants exceeds one hundred and fifty (150) persons.
- The planned activity is considered by the City to be a higher risk in nature and
likely result in injury to the participants, guests, spectators, or other users of the
property - this would include any sporting activity.
Confirmation that the required insurance is currently in force must be submitted to
the Recreation and Culture Department a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the
event. The policy must include:
Cross Liability Clause (Severability of Interest).
- The City of Campbell River and/or School District 72 is to be listed on the policy as
an additional insured.
- Comprehensive General Liability Policy of not less than $2,000,000 ($3,000,000 if alcohol is served). CGL protects against third party claims for bodily injury, death, or property damage.
Property loss and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.
Cross Liability Defined
In the event of claims being made by reason of Personal Insurance and/or Property
Damage suffered by one Insured herein for which another Insured herein is or may be liable, the Policy shall cover such Insured against whom a claim is made or may be made in the same manner as if separate policies had been issued to each insured herein.
To apply for a Special Occasion Licence, please fill out the form below and drop it off at the Sportsplex.
For rental information about Spirit Square, please visit www.spiritsquare.ca.