The Sportsplex is a multi-use facility located in Willow Point Park. The facility has raquetball and squash courts as well as a weight room for sports and fitness. There is also a large gym and several activity rooms, including a kitchen that are available to rent for meetings and events.
Park recreation includes tennis, beach volleyball, Disc Golf, and Bocce. There are also several sport fields available for ball play. Sports groups, please check out Book a Field or Park for more information.
The Skate/Terrain park at this location is enjoyed by all skateboarders and the popular newly constructed Splash Park is fun for the kids (of all ages), especially on hot summer days.
1800 South Alder Street
Campbell River, BC V9W 7J1
| Monday to Friday
|| 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
|| 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
| Saturday and Sunday
|| 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
|| 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
FACILITY RENTALS: INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Liability and Insurance Requirements
The City of Campbell River requires Comprehensive General Liability Insurance from applicants requesting the use of Municipal Property where;
- Alcohol is to be served.
- The number of participants exceeds one hundred & fifty (150) persons.
- The planned activity is considered by the City to be a higher risk in nature and likely result in injury to the participants, guests, spectators, or other users of the property.
The Minimum Liability Insurance Requirements are:
Confirmation that the required insurance is currently in force must be submitted to the Recreation & Culture Department a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event. The policy must include:
- The City of Campbell River and/or School District 72 is (are) to be listed on the policy as an additional insured.
- Cross Liability Clause/Severability of Interest.
- Comprehensive General Liability Policy of not less than $2,000,000 ($3,000,000 if alcohol is served). CGL protects against third party claims for bodily injury, death, or property damage.
- Property loss and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.
Cross Liability Defined
In the event of claims being made by reason of Personal Insurance and/or Property Damage suffered by one Insured herein for which another Insured herein is or may be liable, the Policy shall cover such Insured against whom a claim is made or may be made in the same manner as if separate policies had been issued to each Insured herein.
To apply for a Special Occasion Licence, please fill out the form below and email to RecandCulture@campbellriver.ca