CURBSIDE YARD WASTE COLLECTION WRAPPING UP UNTIL SPRING
Campbell River Waste Management Centre remains open
Curbside yard waste collection wraps up Nov. 22 to 26 in Campbell River.
Until weekly curbside yard waste collection begins again in March 2022, Campbell River residents can take yard waste to the Campbell River Waste Management Centre at 6700 Argonaut Rd. The landfill site accepts yard waste that requires chipping for a fee of $10 for less than 100 kilograms or $65 per tonne. There is no charge for Campbell River residents to drop off leaves and grass if no chipping is required.
Weekly curbside yard waste collection will begin again Mar. 7 to 11, 2022, on the same day as residential garbage and recycling collection.
Important how-to tips for yard waste curbside collection:
• Place yard waste in a rigid, lidded container no larger than 80L each (maximum weight 20kg/44lbs).
• Container must be clearly marked Yard Waste.
• Branches and prunings must be tied in secure bundles measuring maximum 90cm (36 inches) long and 60cm (24 inches) wide. Individual branches must not exceed 7.5cm (3 inches) in diameter.
• Unlimited amounts of yard waste are accepted.
• REMINDER that yard waste can no longer be picked up in plastic bags, even if they are marked biodegradable; paper bags are still accepted.
Visit campbellriver.ca/solid-waste for more information on the City’s curbside collection program, to sign up for reminders and notifications, or to download the Campbell River Recycles app.
Full news release.
Contact: Drew Hadfield, Director of Operations 250-286-5783