The City of Campbell River wishes residents a healthy, happy holiday season, with a reminder about temporary upcoming service changes.
- Weight room open until Friday, Dec 18
- Live Facebook fitness classes continue week of Dec. 18
- If you can’t make it live, recordings are posted, so you can work out whenever it suits you.
- Four days of family programs in advance of the holidays
- COVID-safe protocols in place
- Dec. 21 to 24 – households can book a one-hour session
- Different time slots available, equipment provided
- Activities include
- Badminton, pickleball, soft tennis,
- Family Gym: one hour on Dec. 23 (limited numbers)
- Find out more and book at campbellriver.ca/online-registration
Garbage and Recycling Collection
- Curbside collection on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 will move to Dec. 28 and Jan. 2.
- As in past years, Emterra will collect an additional container of garbage at no charge the week of Dec. 28.
- Unlimited amounts of recycling will be collected.
- Find more information at campbellriver.ca under City Services.
Christmas Tree Chipping
Local firefighters will again offer Christmas tree chipping. Bring your tree to the lower Sportsplex parking lot on Saturday, Jan. 2 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. This service is by donation to support the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund and local charities. COVID-19 safety protocols will be followed using drive-through drop-off.
In alignment with provincial public health guidance to minimize socializing outside of immediate households:
- Regular transit services continue, with mandatory use of masks and spaced seating.
- No bus service is available Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1.
- Dec. 31 bus service will run according to the regular Thursday schedule.
Holiday Facility Closures
- Recreation facilities:
- Sportsplex closed Dec. 19 to Jan. 10 (floor repairs)
- Community Centre closed Dec. 25,28 and Jan. 1
- City Hall and Dogwood Operations Centre closed Dec. 25, 28 and Jan 1.
For urgent service related to parks, roads, water or sewer, please call 250-287-7444.