Emergency officials continue to closely monitor water levels in the Campbell River and weather systems.
- Please be extra cautious of rivers running higher and faster than normal.
- 16th Ave. between Ironwood and Maple is closed due to flooding.
14th and Cedar Intersection (some flooding, but now passable)
12th from Dogwood to Greenwood (some flooding, but now passable)
- Crews have set out barricades to mark water on the road at the following locations:
- 16th around Maple and west
- 2.Hwy. 19A at the base of the hill near Hidden Harbour
- Alder and 7th
- Willis Road
- City crews are standing by and have stockpiled sand and sandbags to assist in shoring up the river bank if water levels continue to rise.
- To help people prepare for potential flooding, door-to-door notifications were done yesterday evening in the area along the river between Willow and Maple streets and in the low-lying area bordered by Redwood, Petersen and 16th Ave.
- Emergency calls for water, sewer or road service, please phone 250-286-4033.
- We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.