Power Down Campbell River provides information and rebates to homeowners to make their homes more energy efficient and comfortable.
Home Energy Evaluation Rebate
The City of Campbell River offers $150 home energy evaluation rebate to Campbell River residents. The EnerGuide evaluations are completed by a certified energy advisor and provide information on energy retrofits that can improve a home's energy efficiency and decrease energy costs. In order to be eligible, homeowners must complete a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation. Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis while funding lasts.
Watch our short animated films about home energy evaluations, and the EnerGuide home rating system to learn more.
To access this program, please contact a Campbell River Energy Advisor through the EfficiencyBC website: https://efficiencybc.ca/. BC Home Energy Coach provides an easy to use incentives and rebates search tool and can answer your questions about home energy improvement rebate programs, upgrade https://efficiencybc.ca/connect/, firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-881-9790
CENTRAL SYSTEM AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP INCENTIVE PROGRAM
The Province of BC offers between $1200 to $2000 to homeowners who complete the Central System Air Source Heat Pump Incentive Program. Additionally, City of Campbell River incentives of $2000 per home are available to qualifying Municipal residents. This program aims to remove dangerous, unhealthy, and energy intensive oil tanks, while encouraging fuel switching from natural gas heating to air source heat pumps throughout Campbell River. Incentives offered through the City of Campbell River are limited.
In order to qualify for the rebate, the heat pump system requires pre-approval prior to installation, must be installed on or after September 28, 2018, and the application form must be submitted within 6 months of the upgrade invoice date. Contact email@example.com for further information.
For program contact information:
http://www.bchydro.com/homerebates, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1-877-338-3347
http://www.fortisbc.com/homerebates, email@example.com or 1-877-740-0055
BC Hydro and FortisBC Rebates
- BC Hydro and FortisBC Home Renovation Rebate Program
- Provides rebates for improving your home’s energy efficiency with select upgrades. This program is available to homes that are electric or gas heated only, with upgrades completed on or after September 28, 2018:
- BC Hydro Appliance Rebate Program
- Receive up to $100 for replacing your clothes washer, refrigerator or dryer with select high efficiency models
- There are also additional retailer and manufacturer rebates available
- FortisBC Connect to Gas Program
- Rebates between $700 to $2700 for installing a natural gas heating system, heating appliance, or heating and hot water system
For more information about the different rebate programs available, visit: incentives.
- First Phase of Power Down Campbell River- Power Down Campbell River launched in 2013 as a home energy conservation video challenge between five families, with the winning family receiving $1500 for energy-efficiency renovations
- BC Energy Advisors- directory of EnerGuide home energy advisors