Thinking about starting a food business?
Launching a food business and trying to change the world for the better is no easy feat. If you’ve been sitting on an idea for a while, you likely a million questions ranging from “what’s the best way to get started?” to “how does the food industry even work?”
Take your idea from concept to launch with as little money and time as possible.
The City of Campbell River in partnership with Spring Activator is launching Campbell River’s very own Food Business Incubator in the Fall!
Whether you’re just getting started or you want to grow, the Good Food Business Program by [spring.is]Spring provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to build a successful food business.
Through hands-on experience, you’ll learn the ins and outs of the food industry, PLUS how to:
- Determine if your food business idea has potential
- Start turning that idea into a profitable business concept
- Refine your concept and gain valuable skills that you can immediately apply
- Foster your ability to develop innovative ideas and products that will change the world.
“I was referred to Spring from more people than I could ever count before going through two of their programs (Inspire & Capital Raising Bootcamp). They have been our biggest supporters from day 1 and we wouldn’t have the customers & community that we do without them. I couldn’t recommend their programming and networking opportunities any higher - coming from a non-business background, I learned quickly what needed to be done to test and build out our concept. Their entire team has been exceptional to work with and we truly wouldn’t be where we are without them. They’re a beyond talented bunch and an absolutely wonderful organization to work with!”
– Brianne Miller, CEO & Founder of NADA
Learn from real-life entrepreneurs with a record of success.
Spring is a Vancouver-based global business activator that uses business as a force for good. With the help of successful entrepreneurs and some of the best business instructors, we empower social impact leaders with the know-how, network and support needed to build better businesses.
Through a variety of programs and partnerships, we’ve incubated over 700 entrepreneurs, 350 companies, 27 incubator cohorts, and has helped create 136+ jobs in our local economy. Many of our companies have been accepted into premier accelerator programs such as TechStars, TechStars Impact, Nature’s Conservancy Accelerator, Next 36, Start up Chile, Entrepreneurs Round Table, Futurpreneur, Fledge, Radius, and SRCTec.
“I must say, after joining several entrepreneur groups in search of knowledge in this new field I have chosen (authorpreneurship), I am consistently impressed by Spring's events and work. There is no mega selling or extraneous fluff - only solid, evidence based feedback on best practices - practical, usable advice I can implement right away. I am now glad I joined the Launch program and look forward to the seminars. Very impressed indeed.”
– Tikiri Herath, CEO & Founder, Red Heeled Rebels Group
Bring clarity to your business idea and set a solid foundation for your new business
The Good Food Business Incubator Program is an interactive in-person learning experience designed to provide you with the tools and methodologies you need to launch your food business idea fast and resourcefully.
Over the course of 3 months, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of starting a food business
- The food production process
- Equipment needs
- The industry’s regulatory environment
- Build a real and viable food startup business
- How to scale a food business
- How to test your idea and launch a business
- How to validate that your new business idea is feasible
- How to know when and if you’re ready to start a business
- How to launch your business using a lean methodology
- How to build quality relationships
- Use customer discovery process to uncover growth
- How to talk to your customers and get quality actionable feedback
- Building relationships with potential advisors, co-founders and investors
- How to scale a food business.
- Testing and adjusting your food business to changing market conditions.
- Costing, scaling and pricing your products
- Building a sustainable business model
- How to run a food facility
- Manufacturing basics
- Packaging your product
- Supply chain management
In addition, you’ll gain access to our private community for business leaders, interactive learning content, a network of experienced mentors and entrepreneurs, as well as perks and discounts for various business services.
Ready to get started?
Our next cohort begins on October 1, 2019
- The Good Food Business Incubator Program runs Tuesdays from October 1, 2019 – December 10, 2019
- Cost: $299! (total value $3,000)
- For more information email email@example.com