The waterfront sewer main, built in 1972, is a critical piece of infrastructure that needs to be replaced to support new growth in the community and help protect the waterfront.
The new sewer pipe is now full installed. Work is underway on the construction of three new lift stations, scheduled to be complete by spring 2021.
This sewer work is part of the Waterfront Project 2018-2020. For updates about other construction making up that project in 2020, visit the Highway 19A Upgrades project webpage here.
- Dec 14, 2020: Waterfront Project Work Wrapping Up – Walkway, road, and roundabout now open
- June 11, 2020: Keep current – at a safe distance: City hosts outdoor info booth for Highway 19A project
- Apr 9, 2020: Hwy 19a Construction to Restart – Safety Measures in Place to Protect From COVID-19
- Feb 10, 2020: 2020 Waterfront Project construction kick-off open house - Feb 2020
- Sep 26, 2019: Highway 19A construction wraps for fall – work related to archeological find to take place over fall and winter
- May 10, 2019:Work on waterfront project phase 2 starts mid-May
- April 10, 2019: Highway 19A refinishing work to start April 23
- January 9, 2019: First phase of sewer upgrades complete
- October 22, 2018: Highway sewer work nearing completion: 1st Avenue work coming up soon
- July 4, 2018: Waterfront sewer construction beginning week of July 9
Getting Around During Construction
Work along the highway is now underway. Expect delays and intermittent single-lane alternating traffic. Closure notices will be posted here.
See the Alternate Routes Map
To sign up for email updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow along with current project updates and milestones. more...