The purpose of the Tourism Advisory Committee is to provide policy advice and recommendations to Council to deliver the community's tourism vision and make Campbell River a destination of choice.
The Committee will focus on:
- Destination marketing in target markets to increase the number of overnight stays in paid accommodation.
- Visitor servicing that provides information where/when/how visitors prefer to support longer stays and increased spending, plus education and training to help Campbell River deliver remarkable visitor experiences.
- Destination development by working with partners to ensure tourism knowledge and expertise and the visitor perspective is considered in all significant local projects/ventures.
- Sukhy Bains
- Clint Buchholz
- Paul Dowler
- Harley Elias
- Erin Neely
- Wayne Nikolaisen
- Tom Olsen
- Jonathon Shead
NON-VOTING LIAISON MEMBERS
- Dave Hamilton representing the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
- Councillor Colleen Evans representing the City of Campbell River
- One individual representing the 4 following organizations: Campbellton Neighbourhood Association, Downtown Heart of the City BIA, Pier St. Association, Willow Point BIA
Rose Klukas Staff Liaison (250) 286-5738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Baxandall, Recording Secretary (250) 286-5769 or email email@example.com
Meeting schedule to be determined