The purpose of the Forestry Task Force is to build on the work of the previous Future of Forestry Task Force and:
- In cooperation and consultation with the Forest Industry, Governments, First Nations, Organizations and the public to provide City Council with recommendations, advice and guidance on relevant forest issues and initiatives to enhance the sustainability of the forest sector for the benefit of the City of Campbell River.
- To enhance and retain existing business and attract new forest investment capital creating jobs and economic growth for Campbell River.
- To secure a community forest license for the City of Campbell River that will generate revenue, create employment, protect our watershed and wildlife habitat, enhance tourism and recreation, provide job training, research and education, and promote non timber resource business opportunities
TASK FORCE MEMBERS
- Councillor Charlie Cornfield - Chair (250) 286-5708
- Shannon Baikie
- Chief Mary Ann Enevoldsen
- Graham Hues
- Jason Hutchinson
- Steve Lackey
- Bryan Mills
- Nigel Ross
- William Wagner
- Lawrence Wheatley
Meetings are generally held at Noon on the last Monday of the month.
Contact Janice Evans to confirm.