The purpose of the Community Services, Recreation and Culture Commission is to provide policy advice and recommendations to City Council, as requested, for the planning and provision of City parks, recreation and culture services, community support services, organized sports, visual arts, performing arts, heritage conservation, outdoor recreation, community beautification and community safety issues. The following matters are within the mandate of the commission:
- Parks, recreation landscaping and community beautification;
- Cultural arts and community events
- Heritage conservation and heritage education;
- Children and families;
- Public/community safety;
- Any other matter referred by Council.
- Councillor Colleen Evans - Chair (250) 286-5708
- Councillor Ron Kerr
- Michael Boulet
- Chris Callanan
- Tara Fitzgerald
- Cal Grunerud
- Cheryl Jordan
- Stacey E. Larson
- Sid Shook
- Kim Stevens
- Dan Wallis
Meetings are generally held at 5:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
Contact Hope Ross to confirm.