Interactive Capital Works Project Map - Active Projects
= Projects in Design = Projects in Construction = Completed Projects
View Capital Projects Map in a larger map
Current Capital Projects
- Airport Fueling Facility: This project involves the installation of a new Jet A above ground fuel facility and the purchase of two Jet A fuel delivery trucks.
- Big Rock Boat Ramp: Work under this project includes upgrades to the Big Rock Boat Ramp which is currently a free public use facility for recreational boaters in Campbell River.
- Campbell River Water Supply - Phases 1 and 2: Relocation of the City's water supply required as a result of BC Hydro’s John Hart Redevelopment Project.
- Larwood/Erickson Sewer Upgrade: Work under this project includes the renewal and upgrade of sanitary sewer mains on Erickson, Harrogate and Larwood roads.
- Lift Station Generators: Work under this project includes a select number of existing lift stations to be serviced with an appropriately sized stand-by generator at each site.
- Maritime Heritage Centre Sewer Chamber Replacement: Work under this project is intended to address ongoing odour control issues at the Maritime Heritage Centre.
- Municipal Broadband Network: Work under phase one of the project will include the installation of micro-duct conduit to service strategic locations in the downtown core with broadband fibre.
- NWEC Upgrade - Phase 2: Upgrades to the headworks and sani-dump receiving facilities, aeration oxidation ditch piping and electrical system.
- Robert Ostler Park Restoration: This original design is under review as the anticipated effects of climate change and sea level rise are triggering a review of some shoreline projects. Repair of the damaged shoreline large boulders (rip rap) is anticipated.
- Waterfront Sewer Forcemain Upgrade: This project includes the renewal of approximately 4.6 km of the City’s sanitary sewage conveyance system along Hwy 19A from Rockland Road to the Maritime Heritage Centre.
- Watermain Replacement Projects: Work under this project consists of installing new watermains and domestic services at several locations within Campbell River.
Learn about completed capital projects in Campbell River. more...